The Java Technical Support team is responsible for supporting the Java platform across Enterprises, Governments, and beyond. Our team works in close collaboration with the Java Sustaining and Development teams, and owns the Customer Service requests until the resolution of the issue.
We are looking for Technical Support Engineers responsible for supporting our Java Management Service (JMS) cloud customers.
- Provide Technical Support to Java and Java Management Service Cloud Customers across Enterprises, and beyond
- Diagnose product issues and cloud infrastructure issues
- Work in close collaboration with the Java Platform Sustaining and Development teams
- Own the Customer Service Requests until the resolution of the issue
- Share knowledge (ex. write technical articles, ToIs, etc.)
Skills & Experience
- Minimum BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent, plus 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong skills in some or all of Java, Unix, C/C++, Win32 APIs
- Debugging experience - Windbg, gdb, dbx - with the ability to diagnose issues through the study of core dumps, logs, etc.
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and Solaris operating systems
- Experience with Terraform, Grafana / Prometheus, and Python
- Must be excellent a problem solver, a creative thinker, and highly motivated
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, performance tuning, threading, and concurrency
- Proven ability on troubleshooting and debugging
- Must have passion for customer satisfaction, and ability to provide thorough and useful technical information
- Able to work both with local and remote team members & adhere to group processes
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills in English, with other languages a benefit