The Java Software Quality Engineering team partners with the Java feature development teams. Our goal is to have engineers writing well designed, robust, reliable, repeatable, and maintainable open-source tests and tools. Our engineers work on the product source code as well as the test code and automation/tooling to find issues early and provide adequate coverage for the components under test.
We are looking for a senior engineer to work on the Java security libraries, ensuring that updates and releases are adequately assessed and tested.
- Design and develop tooling and test frameworks for one of the world’s most popular and influential development platforms
- Work and communicate well with a wide range of features and component teams to drive quality in the Java security libraries
- Work closely with other engineering teams to understand new technologies, design, and develop functional tests to ensure the quality of the product
- Impact the evolution of the JDK platform and the next generation of testing tools, code analysis and test infrastructure
Skills & Experience
- BS in a technical discipline. MS desirable. At least 3 years’ experience in software development or testing
- Motivated and results oriented individual
- Strong programming background, ideally Java or C/C++
- Familiarity with Java Security Libraries, PKI, Kerberos, Cryptography, Static, and/or Dynamic code analysis.
- Experience with shell scripting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive and grow in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to conceive, plan, implement, and collaborate with distributed teams across geographies
- A desire to learn new skills
- Java Certified Developer
- Experience with platform development