The Java Client Development Team is responsible for the client libraries and the deployment technologies of the Java platform. This includes accessible Graphical UI Toolkits (JavaFX Controls, WebView, Swing/AWT), imaging and text APIs (Java2D, JavaFX) that enable creation and deployment of rich, graphical user interface on the Java platform.
We are looking for JavaFX Engineers to join our teams of experts to work on JavaFX UI Controls, WebView components, graphics/imaging APIs, rendering pipelines, and new graphics technologies.
- Design and deliver stable new features in a timely fashion
- Fix and improve existing implementations
- Add new functionality on existing and new platforms
- Take initiatives to debug and solve difficult issues, including performance tuning
Skills & Experience
- Strong C/C++ and Java coding skills
- In-depth understanding of multi-threading
- Experience with UI toolkits, ex. JavaFX Controls, Swing, AWT, etc.
- Experience in contributing to open source projects, and in particular OpenJDK
- Committer/Reviewer role in OpenJDK is a strong plus
- Solid understanding of all facets of software development
- Life cycles and standard methodologies, design patterns, test automation, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing significant commercial software systems
- Able to diagnose complex technical problems
- Nice To Have:
- Experience in developing UI controls/widgets with an emphasis on superior aesthetics and user experience
- Experience in developing ImageIO, 2D and/or 3D graphics such as OpenGL/OpenGL ES, DirectX, Vulkan or Metal Graphics
- Experience with XCode, Visual Studio, gcc, git, Gnumake, XML, XSL, etc.
- Solid English skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and have a track record of producing high-quality results