The Java Virtual Machine Runtime Team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the virtual execution environment running the Java platform. The team excels in areas ranging from Java Virtual Machine specification adherence, memory allocation, signals, synchronization & locking, JNI, JFR, threading to support and/or use the latest Java features from projects Amber, Loom, Panama, & Valhalla.
The team is looking for a Senior Java/C++ Developer to work closely with the JFR team, located in Stockholm. In this creative role, you will help innovate and implement the next generation of Java monitoring and profiling.
- Deliver stable and secure features and bug fixes in a timely fashion
- Design and deliver new features in high-profile projects
- Take initiatives to debug and solve difficult issues
- Work with external developers on OpenJDK, customers, and partners on defects and feature improvement requests for future releases
- Take responsibility for the Runtime code base through active participation in design discussions and code reviews
- Communicate and collaborate within a distributed JVM team and Java development organization
Skills & Experience
- B.S. or above, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
- Strong on data structures, algorithms, threading and concurrency
- Good proficiency in Java and C/C++
- Experience with assembly and API design is a plu
- Experience with debugging in multi-platform environments (Windows, Linux, Mac) is a plus
- Experience with implementing Java Virtual Machine features is a plus
- Excellent communication skills