The Java Vulnerability team conducts both red and blue team functions. Its members triage incoming security-related questions, conduct assessment and perform proactive research. The team is key in keeping the Java platform secure.
We are looking for a Principal Vulnerability Engineer who will be responsible for security vulnerability prevention for the Java platform.
- Proactive research, security tooling, assessments
- Assist development teams with security code review
- Take initiatives to debug and solve difficult issues
- Work with external developers on OpenJDK, customers, and partners on defects and feature improvement requests for future releases
- Communicate and collaborate within a globally distributed Java development organization
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 7+ years of hands-on experience in platform security and security protocols
- Proven experience in successful security incident resolution
- Deep knowledge of Java security model is a must
- Past research and CVEs on Java security issues are a plus
- Must have proficiency in Java, and expert level C/C++ skills, and systems level programming
- Proactive research utilizing industry standard tools is a must-have
- Great personal leadership, self-starter, ability to work with remote teams and communication skills are required