Episode 16 “Let's Discuss JDK and Networking” with Michael McMahon and Daniel Fuchs
In this episode, David (remotely) sat down with Michael McMahon and Daniel Fuchs both from the Java Dublin engineering team to discuss some of the recent JDK network-related updates: from the HTTP/2 Client API (Java 11) and its updates in Java 16 to the new Java 16 Unix Domain Socket Channel API, etc. There’s even a small HTTP/3 sneak peek.
Contact us here.
- JEP 321: HTTP Client
- HTTP Client API
- New HttpRequest.BodyPublishers.concat() method
- New HttpRequest.newBuilder() method
- JEP 353: Reimplement the Legacy Socket API
- JEP 373: Reimplement the Legacy DatagramSocket API
- JEP 380: Unix domain socket channels
- Unix-Domain Socket Channels overview
- JEP 408: Simple Web Server