Episode 14 “Records Serialization” with Julia Boes and Chris Hegarty
Records are a standard and permanent Java language feature starting Java 16. This was a good occasion for David to discuss Records, and more specifically Records serialisa… Records serialization with Julia Boes and Chris Hegarty. Julia and Chris are both from the Dublin Java engineering team. They both work on Core Libraries, and as such, they have been deeply involved in the recent serialization improvements. In this episode, you will see that the approach of serializing records drastically changes from the serialization of traditional classes. And obviously, deserialization is also largely discussed!
Contact us here.
- Java Object Serialization Specification
- Towards Better Serialization (Brian Goetz)
- JEP 395: Records
- Java 14 Feature Spotlight: Records (Brian Goetz)
- Changes to the Java Object Serialization Specification
- Record Serialization (Chris Hegarty)
- Inside Java Podcast: Episode 4 “Record Classes”
- OpenJDK Quality Outreach
- Video: When Records Met Serialization: A Happy Tale