Donald Smith - Vice President of Product Management - Java Platfrom Group
Donald Smith, MBA, MSc, is Senior Director of Product Management for Oracle, where he runs Java SE Product Management.
He brings global enterprise software experience, ranging from startups through Fortune 500 companies. Donald has decades of experience speaking about Java, open source, community development, business models, business integration and software development politics at conferences and events worldwide.
Donald’s background includes helping develop the first commercially-successful Object-Relational Mapping products for Smalltalk and Java, transitioning to Java EE Application Servers, and driving the Eclipse Foundation through years of rapid growth where he still sits on the IP Advisory Committee.
- Introducing the Java SE Subscription Enterprise Performance Pack on October 18, 2022 Oracle
- Java SE 7 End of Extended Support in July 2022 on October 15, 2021 Oracle
- Introducing the Free Java License on September 14, 2021 Oracle JDK 17
- Moving the JDK to a Two Year LTS Cadence on September 14, 2021 Oracle JDK 17
- The art of long-term support and what LTS means for the Java ecosystem on September 10, 2021 Oracle JDK 17
- Update on 64-bit ARM Support for Oracle OpenJDK and Oracle JDK on November 12, 2020 JDK 15 Oracle
- Java Client Roadmap Updates on May 13, 2020 Client
- The OpenJDK Community TCK License Agreement (OCTLA) on October 15, 2018
- End of Public Updates is a Process, not an Event on September 17, 2018
- Oracle JDK Releases for Java 11 and Later on September 11, 2018 Oracle
- Update and FAQ on the Java SE Release Cadence on May 3, 2018 Oracle
- The New Stack - Java Adapts to Cloud Native Computing on March 1, 2022 Oracle Cloud
- Episode 19 “Java 17 is Here! Part 1” on September 14, 2021 JDK 17 Oracle