Joe Darcy - Consulting Member of Technical Staff
Joe Darcy is a long-time developer in the JDK engineering group who as “Java Floating-Point Czar” has looked after Java numerics, amongst other responsibilities. Joe was involved with the design of Java’s strictfp floating-point semantics, added numerous floating-point math library methods to the platform, helped expand BigDecimal support, and added hexadecimal floating-point literals to the Java language and library. Joe was a participant in and interim editor for the IEEE 754r working group to revise the IEEE 754 floating-point standard.
- JDK 18 augmented `javac -Xlint:serial` checks on October 20, 2021 JDK 18 Security
- More detail on the SCM transition plans for JDK 16 on May 19, 2020 Skara JDK 15 JDK 16
- Floating-Point Arithmetic : What Every Java Programmer Should Know! on September 22, 2021 HotSpot Core Libraries
- Small Language Changes in JDK 9 on September 26, 2017 Amber
- What every programmer should know about floating-point arithmetic on July 20, 2015
- Episode 6 “Project Skara” with Joe Darcy and Erik Duveblad on October 28, 2020 Skara JDK 16 JDK 15