John Rose - JVM Architect
John Rose is a lead or guide on Project Panama (native interconnect), the Da Vinci Machine Project (JVM futures), Project Valhalla (polymorphism and value types), Arrays 2.0, Metropolis (Java-on-Java RI), and JVM security.
He has worked on Java technology at Sun then Oracle since 1995, contributing widely to functionality and performance of the Sun/JDK stack, touching everything from hardware architecture to code generators to libraries to programming languages.
Past projects include JVM invokedynamic, Java inner classes, Pack200 (archive format), the initial port of HotSpot (to SPARC), the Unsafe API, and various dynamic, parallel, and hybrid languages, including Common Lisp, Scheme (“esh”), and dynamic bindings for C++.
- Early steps on the road to customization on August 26, 2020 Valhalla
- The pattern in the Loom (a blanket statement) on February 4, 2020 Loom
- Vectors and the Numerics on the JVM on July 29, 2019 Panama
- The Invocation Game on April 20, 2017
- Your next JVM: Panama, Valhalla, Metropolis on April 17, 2017 Valhalla Panama Loom
- Evolving the JVM - Principles & Directions on July 31, 2014
- Episode 7 “The Vector API” with John Rose and Paul Sandoz on November 17, 2020 Panama JDK 16