Georges Saab - Vice President of Development - Java Platform Group
Georges Saab is vice president of development for the Java Platform Group at Oracle. His group is responsible for Java Standard Edition including the Java language, core libraries, and Java Virtual Machine.
Saab is a 25-year veteran of programming language and platform development. His work with the Java platform began as a developer of Java Standard Edition at JavaSoft and Sun Microsystems, where he was a founder of the Swing group and Java Webstart, and continued as he ran development of the JRockit JVM for many years at BEA Systems. Saab is the chairperson of the OpenJDK governing board. You can follow him on Twitter at @gsaab.
- Java's 25th Birthday Kickoff Event [Moved by Java] on May 20, 2020 Moved By Java
- Java Current and Future on June 5, 2019
- Rapid Java Innovation on August 31, 2018
- Stack Overflow podcast celebrating 25 years of Java on July 30, 2020 Moved By Java
- Software Engineering Daily - Java 13 on December 3, 2019 JDK 13