Georges Saab - Vice President of Development - Java Platform Group
Georges Saab is vice president of development for the Java Platform Group at Oracle. His group is responsible for Java Standard Edition including the Java language, core libraries, and Java Virtual Machine.
Saab is a 25-year veteran of programming language and platform development. His work with the Java platform began as a developer of Java Standard Edition at JavaSoft and Sun Microsystems, where he was a founder of the Swing group and Java Webstart, and continued as he ran development of the JRockit JVM for many years at BEA Systems. Saab is the chairperson of the OpenJDK governing board. You can follow him on Twitter at @gsaab.
- Moving Java Forward with Java 19 on September 20, 2022 JDK 19 Oracle
- Modern Java Delivery: Java 17, 18 and Open JDK on May 3, 2022 Oracle JDK 17 JDK 18
- Moving Java Forward Keynote on March 28, 2022 JDK 18 Oracle
- Keynote - Moving Java Forward on September 17, 2021 Oracle
- Keynote - The Future of Java Is Now on September 17, 2020 Moved By Java Oracle
- Java's 25th Birthday Kickoff Event [Moved by Java] on May 20, 2020 Moved By Java
- Java Current and Future on June 5, 2019
- Rapid Java Innovation on August 31, 2018
- The New Stack - Java Adapts to Cloud Native Computing on March 1, 2022 Oracle Cloud
- Episode 3 “The State of Java” with Georges Saab on September 14, 2020 Moved By Java
- Stack Overflow podcast celebrating 25 years of Java on July 30, 2020 Moved By Java
- Software Engineering Daily - Java 13 on December 3, 2019 JDK 13